on my drive to school today (where I am now, waiting for class to start), I was listening to my favorite CD of all time: Something Burning by Deb Talan. It makes me think of summer, which I am longing for on these 23 degree mornings. Which then, in turn made me think of summer running and my favorite place to run: The Aquaduct.
We have this aquaduct that runs through a couple of towns. They mow it weekly and is usually pretty desolate. And it's dirt and grass and about 7-8 miles long: meaning it is THE perfect place for the out and back long run. We used to do 2 runs a week there last summer when training for Philly. Unfortunately, come fall they stop mowing it and it's time to hit the pavement. Once you get to the of the trail there is an area that runs beside a railroad track and then between two ponds and it's my favorite place in the entire world to run. (I love it almost as much as that run on sentence!) As of right now, I am impatiently waiting to get off the treadmill and back there!
Also, I never run with music outside. On the treadmill I blast the radio, but outside I get paranoid about people following me (maybe it's the area I run in?). And you can't race with it...so why train with it?
Last thought of the day: I figured out why I want to see Revolutionary Road so badly, and stop everything to actually watch the trailer. I have a weird preoccupation with peoples marriages (why I went to school to be a marriage counselor, check). I loved The Story of Us. AND, it's set in the 1950's, which we all know is the generation I was meant to live in.
I have the opportunity to work the Boston Marathon...pre and post race massage. If I do that I can't actually watch the race, or go to the bottom of The Hill where I screeched Lance last year (Dede, you were screeching too, don't lie). And it would be the longest day....ever. But it would still be awfull relevant to my life.
Friday Funny 2441: Parenting Funnies
1 year ago


2 comments:
Revolutionary Road--hard to watch. especially if you're married. especially if you've been married 10 years and have kids.
especially in mid-life.
that's my insight for you.
wait, have you seen it? the new one, or is it a re-make? i love, love, love movies that make you question everything
Post a Comment