Thursday, January 15, 2009

First thing: I am so ridiculously AMPED (yes i just said amped, maybe i also grunt while lifting weights and drink muscle milk? kidding), that I now have "In an aeroplane over the sea" and "july, july!" as ringtones. yes yes yes!! nerdrific!

Apparently I am in internet-liar because I didnt post yesterday! Valid reason though--I came home from school, changed within seconds and banged out a run on the treadmill. Then it was shower and immediately hop in the car to drive to PWhacks parents house. The trips purpose was to introduce our tiny dogs to their new lab puppy but it was a baaaad idea. Lots of barking! A real lot. So i went to bed at 9PM to escape the noise, resulting in no internerd-ing.

As I promised before: massage school. We have finally started deep work and its great. I LOVE it. I dont think Im a Swedish Massage kinda gal, I found it pretty boring. But I really enjoy putting the hurt on people. I like the "search and destroy" aspect of deep work and the satisfaction of working out a knot. Not to mention I like getting free work on my jacked up neck and hamstrings.

Went to Bertuccis for our weekly cheat meal tonight, walked out of the mall like a little old man, hunched over because Im so full!
But its okay because I am finallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly at a good body fat percentage. A long road, but VICTORY IS MINE!!!! And I celebrated in a very serious way. With carbs.

4 comments:

Mario said...

How does an endurance athlete exist sans carbs? I'm baffled by this diet you speak of.

PS, you coming by for shoes tomorrow?

Kim said...

did you eat pizza? i want pizza. how did you manage to get through the holidays without carbs??

That Runner Chick said...

kim, i did not even make it partway through the holidays without carbs. i gained something crazy like 6 pounds!!
however, january 1st i became super diligent and lost it and a little more.

by the way, diligence=SO not fun.

That Runner Chick said...

mario, i eat a lot of pretzels pre run! and endurox post workout. and i will for sure be there, i have that excited new shoe feeling already!