Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The infamous TT happened on Sunday. In one word: hectic. Ethan won, which was expected, but still cool. I got to meet Richie Cunningham (epic, insanely fast pro triathlete. Lke 3:45 half IM fast). Chrissie came in fourth woman which was crazy. And Pat got 10th, out of 100 which is rdiculous!
I'll post one picture to show you the insanity, the rest are on facebook:



why yes, that IS Cait Snow, 2008 IM Lake Placid winner.

In other news, I ran outside yesterday for the first time since October. It was one of those perfect runs. The sun was out and it was stating to warm up, I was dressed perfectly (how often does that happen?) when its usually just a guessing game, and there was low traffic for the middle of the day. It might have helped that an hour before I had slamdunked my last Anatomy test and was done with the course.

I am still holding on to the fact that cycling makes you fat (sorry Lance), and running makes you think. So Im going to try to start to ramp up the running. Its February already!!



Highlight of today: making chicken noodle soup for dinner with Tofu Noodles. They are under Caits recommendation, but I think her taste is skewed from lack of bread. Either way its worth a shot, 3 carbs for noodles is something I cant pass up.

Now onto the bike, because resting is for the weak now that its Tuesday. 2.5 hour ride will be expedited by the episodes of Post-Superbowl The Office, Big Love, and House that I have DVR'ed just for this occasion!


Good luck to everyone with this PHANTOM SNOW today. Hopefully no one else is like me and has been walking around thinking it was going to snow at 11PM last night. And is now totally untrusting of all meteorologists.

1 comment:

Kim said...

1. i cannot BELIEVE that chrissie came in 4th. that is UNBELIEVABLE! i thought she was in the same heat as tim and cait?

as for those noodles - um yup - i bought em! and i bought other ones online that have 0 calories. considering jesse wants me to lose a ridiculous amount of weight - i need to find something to eat that reminds me of real food.