Saturday, August 23, 2008

My life from September on

Okay, faithful blog readers, so the bad news is that 12 days before school starts, I found out the job I thought I was going back to--well, is no longer it job. At first, this sucked, because I didn't look for any other jobs because they assured me I would be employed in September. However, the good news is that I sat on the news for a little bit and decided it is the perfect time for me to do something I've wanted to do for a while: go to massage school. So, hopefully, Bancroft Institute of Massage Therapy in Worcester is where I'll be spending my days starting mid-sept. I do eventually want to make teaching my CAREER, but while I am young and spry and (semi) financially stable, it's time to pursue the things I've wanted to. So, in 7 months, keep me in mind when your hamstring starts acting up. Or you're training for IM Cozumel (like pretty much everyone I know, Mexico is so alluring!)
Right, so that's pretty much my life at the moment. I LOVED teaching at that school, adored it even. But when I thought about it I went from bummed to un-bummed pretty quickly, because I am SO excited about going back to school for this.

In other news I am currently watching Deep Impact, and even though the movie is from like 1999, and I have seen it before, it is still kind of making me uneasy! I am such a pansy when it comes to movies and natural disasters!

2 comments:

Kim said...

aw courtney, sorry to hear about the news about the jobby job, but massage school?! that is awesome!! can i be your first client?!

GetBackJoJo said...

And teaching gets old, fast, too, so massage school is a MUCH better option. Of course, I am a jaded, old lady teacher so don't even get me started.
Speaking of don't get me started, you are so in trouble that I found your blog because I am a MAJOR pita and will always comment! ha ha!